In celebration of love, we are offering some simple self-care tips to cultivate more love as a daily ritual and fill your life with happiness and wholeness. Taking the time to care for your body's physical, emotional, and mental needs on a daily basis allows all parts of yourself to awaken and be nourished. Body, mind, and soul can come together as an integrated whole being, the true foundation of who we are.
- Move your body! Whether you enjoy dance, swimming, or hiking, find what feels good for your body and let loose! Moving helps energize the body, release tension, boost immunity, and bring clarity of mind. Joyfully expressing yourself through movement helps deepen the connection to your body.
- Have a mindful meal. Prepare delicious food that is fresh, seasonal, and easy to digest. A balanced meal should give you nourishment and energy. Remember, you are what eat, and how you eat is just as important! Create a meal time ritual with gratitude and reverence: light candles, adorn the table with pretty cloth napkins, add a bouquet of fresh flowers, say a blessing.
- Create an altar in honor of all that brings you joy and inspiration. This practice can be found in many traditional cultures and can be personalized with meaningful objects, beautiful images, and whatever represents to you a spiritual connection to the outside world.
- Meditate to bring calm and peace into your life. Quieting the mind can create space for new possibilities. Meditation helps to expand awareness and offers a bigger perspective on life.
- Breathe. Simply take a few moments to bring your attention to your breath. As you inhale, say, yes, to life, visualizing light entering your body. With each exhalation, release any limitations or restrictions in the body.